Monday, September 3, 2012

$120,000 Lost Doll Returns Home

The Grand Duchess of Genovia, who lost her family doll at the Sydney Airport twelve years ago, has received a good news that the doll was finally found.

Rachel Larson, a business woman from Sussex found the doll at the antique shop in Russia last month. She said " The moment I spotted it, I remember it right away because I am a fan of antique dolls, and I've read about this doll back then when it was on the news". Larson also said to the reporter that though she wanted to keep this priceless doll badly, but she thinks it should be return to the rightful owner. 

Larson called the Genovia Embassy immediately when she was back from Russia. When the news reached to the Grand Duchess, she invited Larson to her mansion for the reward. "I was profoundly touched by her spirit and generosity. I thought that I'd lost it forever" said the Grand Duchess.

"This doll was a porcelain doll that was given to me for my 16th birthday and it has passed on in our family for a long time, it was very special to me." she added.

This antique doll valued at $120,000 because it was crafted by a famous french doll maker in 1892, Sean Garrell. Larson said the only thing that she wanted to find out is why this valuable doll just sitting dusty in the corner of the antique shop in Russia.

Picture from: http://www.crabapple-cottage.com/petticoatlane/fantiq/fbrjnr.jpg

4 comments:

  1. If this is a movie...this doll is alive and it came back for a revenge for sure!

    like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 120,000$ doll ..How could you lost it!!!!!!!!
    But I really glad for them that it returned home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sometime I think that my doll at at home become alive and I sometime play with them.

    ReplyDelete