Monday, July 16, 2012

The Legend One!


           Last Saturday, I was having a hard time thinking about what to blog next, because there are so many good movies that I want to introduce them to you guys. I've changed my mind so many time, until I thought, if I'm going to show you a really good movie, why don't I start with the legend of American movie industry. Here it is! "IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT"




            It Happened One Night (1934) is a romantic comedy film directed by Frank Capra. Starring the most charming, gorgeous, ravishing man I've ever seen, Clark Gable and the beautiful, funny, and lively, Claudette Colbert. This film was very succeed that it won five big categories of the Oscars in the year1935. Those categories are the Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, and Screenplay. 


Clark Gable as Peter Warne and  Claudette Colbert as Ellen Andrews

        The story of this movie begins with a spoiled rich girl, Ellen Andrews who wants to runaway from her father for doesn't approve her marriage with a gold digger. In order to live with her lover, she has to escape from her father's surveillance and takes a bus to New York City. That is where she meets the jobless news reporter, Peter Warne. During the bus break, Peter recognizes her face on the newspaper which her father announces the reward for who ever bring her back. Peter offers Ellen a choice, that if she gives him her story, he will help her meet her lover. But if she refuse, he will sent her back to her father. Ellen, of course, choose the first choice. On their journey to New York, they go through many adventures together and then become closer along the way. In the famous scene of this movie where they have to hitchhiking, Peter says he's an expert for this but after many cars pass them by, Ellen shows him her own method. She lifts up her skirt to reveal her nice skinny leg and the car stop immediately. 




          As time goes by, Ellen starts to fall in love with Peter and doesn't want to go New York anymore. One night she confesses it to Peter, but he stops her and she cries to sleep. In fact, Peter loves her too, he waits until he is sure that Ellen is really sleeping then leaves in the night to get money from his boss to marry her. Seeing no Peter when she wakes up, Ellen thinks that he lefts her. So she went back home to her father and agree to marry properly again with her old lover. When her father knows the truth that Peter loves his daughter and does not betray her, he cancels the wedding and helps Ellen to runs off with Peter. And then they live happily ever after.



         The above picture is one of my favorite scene apart from the hitchhiking one. In this scene Peter build "a wall of Jericho" in order to makes Ellen feels more comfortable. But what I like about this, is that he also sings a song to annoy her. The song called "A Big Bad Wolf" and it goes like this.


*Sigh*, this scene gets me every time. This movie is really adorable and funny. Clark and Claudette's performance is amazing. Their chemistry was perfect!! I have to say that this is my most favorite film of all time. The first time I saw it, I went mad and I tried to find every Clark Gable's movies to watch. I was so obsessed that my mom said I need to stop............

Ha ha.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

By the way, there are more funny scenes and heart warming scenes in this movie. So, if you're looking for a REALLY NICE movie to watch, why not this!!!!!!!!!!
GO NOW, IT'S AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE!!!





5 comments:

  1. This movie is very interesting and pretty! I'll watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the method of showing leg to shop the car might come from this movie hahaha.
    Old movies, but you know what? Old movie always great!!!

    <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your old-film post again!
    This movie looks very interesting. It was located in NYC and the plot was run about the rich girl in NYC. I guess, It would not be great if someone poor but lives in NYC! lol

    Stay oldie.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I've never thought that u so obsesses with romantic film :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... I love Clark Gable!!!
    I never know this film before.
    Maybe, it's an old film but now it's kind of new to me.
    Thanks for you post

    ReplyDelete