Monday, July 9, 2012

Starry Night Music Review : Gorillaz - Melancholy Hill

Welcome for Starry Night Music Review Blog's own reviews where I will reviewing a song called Melancholy Hill by virtual band, Gorillaz, entitled Plastic Beach.

I started to listen to the band since they are famous in Feel Good Inc which was all over the radio in 2005. Plastic Beach is their 3rd album. They are fictional band. They have 4 characters in the band which are 2D, Noodle, Russel and Murdoc. (Murdoc is my favorite character.) 

Personally, I love this song and their music video. I found myself delving into the deep, fictional world of them. A slight buzzing sound, spongy drums and pretty string riff make me feel relax every time I listen to this song. The lyrics also go with the sweet melody very well like "You are my medicine, when you're close to me", and "Does anybody know, if we're looking out on the day of another dream?". I found this is enjoyable and I hope you guys like it.

Here is the music video: 




7 comments: