Monday, August 27, 2012

All time favorites!

     From last week post, most of you guys have showed me your interest in old music from the film “Singin’ in the rain”, and I couldn’t have been happier! That’s why this time I’m going to introduce you to more old sweet music  by listing them into my top three all time favorite songs!! Choosing songs for this list was really hard for me because there are tons of song that I like, and believe me I can do it more, and more, and more, until you guys hate me………………….but as always, the post might be too long (actually I’m afraid that you guys won’t read it *sad face*) Any way, let’s start, shall we?

The first song is ‘You Belong to Me’ - Jo Stafford
Originally this song was sung by Sue Thompson but I love Stafford’s voice more. I think her voice is kind of soothing and really sweet. This song was written by three song writers, Pee Wee King, Chilton Price, and Redd Stewart.  For me this song has it all, its lyric, rhythm of music, and the voice of Jo Stafford, made me want to cry every time when I listen to. The song is talking about two people that are in love but one have to be away, so the one that stayed sing this song to the other to remind that where ever you are, remember that you are mind. I might have explained it a bit creepy but the whole song is very sweet and touching. Every time I listen to this song I always think of a woman crying at home and writing a letter to her lover to ensure her love to him, to remind him that he’s hers, because I think she must be very worry that her lover might find a new love and leave her.  I think most of everyone can relate to that feeling, because anything can happen and you never know what it is.  That’s why I think this song is very sad and sweet in the same time.



The next song is a French song called La Vie en rose by Edith Piaf
The first time I heard this song was when I watch the movie, Sabrina (1954) starring Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart (I will review this movie sometime in the future, such a lovely movie!). When I heard it, I was immediately fall in love with this song. I looked up the lyric on the internet and I found that the original was sung by Edith Piaf (that later becomes my favorite French singer).  Her voice is so good that it blew me away and made my eyes teary every time. I like this song so much that I tried to learn how to sing it, but it happened to be really really hard to sing French song when you can’t speak French! So I thought at least I could learn to understand the meaning of the song instead. Later when I searched the meaning of this song, I found the English version that sung by Louis Armstrong. His version was so delicately sweet. I mean, I love both version but when you understand the lyric, it gives you the feeling that you can connected to. Let’s hear both of them and decide it by yourself, which one do you prefer?





The last song for this week will always be on my playlist. It’s called ‘If I Didn’t Care’ by The Ink Spots
This song was written by Jack Lawrence and sung by The Ink Spots in 1939. I knew this song from the film, The Shawshank Redemption and later heard another modern version by Amy Adams from the film called Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Both versions are really good and I also love the differences feeling these two gave me. The version that sung by The Ink Spots is like the man is comforting and ensuring his girlfriend that he loves her, but the version that sung by Amy Adams is like the woman is confessing and admitting her secret love to the man. Ohhh I think I will never get over this song; it is so touching and heartwarming at the same time!! *sad and crying face* 





That’s it for today, guys. I hope you all like it and I will keep up do more things like this! It’s FUN!

3 comments:

  1. Goshhh... I just got an eargasm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the "La Vie en rose" of Louis Armstrong!! The voice of trumpet is great!! and his voice too!! Goshh I LOVEEE THAT!! Thank you so much for introduce me a great song!! <3

    ReplyDelete