Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome to Chiang Mai!


Hello you guys! 
Have you ever think about leaving Bangkok and live somewhere else 
which is less pollution or get closer to the beautiful nature?
I went to Chiang Mai 2 years ago. 

So I would like to suggest some interesting place to go 
and I want to know your experience about this city too!


Chiang Mai Walking Street





















Weekend walking street at Thapae gate is the most famous market in Chiang Mai.
The market is remains the old cultural of Chiang Mai which is called "Lanna" style.
There are many goods in Lanna style which is offer the tourist in very cheap price.
And also Lanna food is so delicious and there are many kind of food there.

I was impressed in their way of life, they don't need to hurry, they look so relax.
Most of the goods are handmade. They are very creative to make a unique stuffs.
And that's why there are many foreigner come to shopping here.
Sometimes there are a Lanna performing, dancing, playing their Lanna musical instrument.

If you look forward to an awesome stuff, painting, food,
or an inspiration for your idea. I think this place is a good one.
There are many hotels around the market and also the guesthouse or restaurant.
You just have to prepare your money and enjoy shopping!


Nimman Haemin Road(Hip Street) 













Niamman Haemin Road is one of the most famous business town in Chaing Mai.
Including a night club, restaurant, art gallery, coffee shop, and the other shop.
First I was not excited about that place, but when I found many interesting shop
I was so surprised! There are various type of food, desert, and so many night club there.

There are separated by zone;
Nimman Soi1 is the most expensive zone, there are many design shop, home decor shop, and art shop.
The shops are so beautiful and the goods are so creative and valuable.

 







Nimman Soi9 is a street for coffee shop.
Including the most famous coffee shop like Starbucks, Black Canyon, amd the other
popular coffee shop in Chiang Mai. I went to Wavee Coffee shop which is well known
among the local teenager. And I felt unimpressive because the taste was so strange
and there are so expensive for me.







Nimman Soi11 is including many bakery&ice-cream shop.
There are very delicious bakery&ice-cream shop which is not expensive.
I love the ice-cream shop called "I-berry" the homemade ice-cream
is so delicious and the decorations are lovely and unique.
It's the best choice for relaxing in hot weather!












You can see that Chiang Mai have many interesting place to visit.
So how do you think about Chian Mai?
And you should recommend me somewhere interesting in this marvelous city too!




8 comments:

  1. I would like to go there again.
    I miss Chiang Mai already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try night clubs at Nimman Road.
      Like Warm Ups or Magenta, there are so popular and nice!

      Delete
  2. i went to chiang mai but i never go to walking street ><
    What a pity !! =[ I wish i could go to this place next time ! I heard it was very nice !!! ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are also many Lanna markets.
      You can go to Gard-Suan-Kaew or Gard-Luang.
      (Gard is mean Market in Lanna language)
      There are a lot of cool stuffs too!

      Delete
  3. I went to Chiang Mai last month and i fould many attractive places there ! I love the walking stress because there are many kind of hand made products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I go to Chiangmai, I always go to walking street.
    It's really nice though. But it has only on Saturday and Sunday. You really made me want to go there right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it indy Rd.? ha ha i do like this Rd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Chiangmai. It's a very good place to spend time with friends or family. This Nimman Haemin Road was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete