Monday, August 27, 2012

OVER AND OVER WITH THE SAME GIRL

Hi everyone, today i'm going to review 2 songs.
Both of them are my favorite songs. They are "Over and over" by Nelly ft. Tim McGraw and "Same girl" by Usher ft. R.Kelly. These songs released when I was junior high school student. During that time, hip-hop, pop-rock and pop are popular. Unlike these day, most of the songs are pop-dance. Too much of pop-dance song are annoying me, so today I'm going these 2 old songs because I really miss the music in that time.




       First, I'm going to talk about "Over and over" by Nelly ft. Tim McGraw. Nelly is hip hop singer. Most of the hip-hop singers like to show off their stuffs to make them look cool and rich. For example, in their music video, we often see them wearing cool clothes (hip-hop style), they show their shoes, mobile phone, car, or bling bling stuffs. ( bling bling refers to flashy, ostentatious and elaborate jewelry or even their teeth.)
       In this music video, we will see 2 side of it, one is Nelly's side and another one is Tim's side. This MV shows same things, but different atmosphere. Nelly's atmosphere is hip-hop style and Tim's atmosphere is country style. What I like about this music video is that it shows the different between culture and style of singer. For example, it shows the different of their clothes, accessories, cars, houses.
       The song is talking about how the narrator regret about his love. He keeps thinking about it. His girl is leaving him and he tells in the songs how he hurts. The music is soft and really go with Nelly's voice. This song is catchy and it replay in my head over and over again. 


This is the music video.




              The next song that I'm going to review is "Same girl" by Usher ft. R.Kelly. 


             I like this song. I think it funny. The sound of the song is really go with the conversation in the song. The lyric and the music video is about 2 guys in love with the same girl. It starts with R.Kelly, telling Usher that he found a girl who he think that he really love. Usher listen to him and feel that this girl is so similar with his girl. They in love with the same girl and they think that they was fooled by her. Then they make plan to expose her, but it turn out to be.. 

Check it out by yourself. 


             
   

2 comments:

  1. I really like the twist at the end of mv Same Girl.
    Why didn't they ask the girl's name?!! haha
    It's kind of stupid, but I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so haha, but it's kinda fun mv.
    I'm happy that you like it.

    ReplyDelete